One of the greatest benefits of Logos is the vast amount of resources you can add to your library. Yet, the possibilities can also be quite overwhelming. When I began building my library in Logos I wanted to know which tools were most worthy of investment.
Beyond buying a Logos package and grabbing the free book of the month, you want to invest in great reference tools you will utilize over and over again in Logos. This is ensure you get good mileage out of your resources. What are the best Logos resources to buy? Which are must-haves? Here are the categories you want to prioritize and some suggested resources:
- The New Bible Dictionary, 3rd ed.
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary
- IVP Bible Dictionary Series
- New Dictionary of Biblical Theology
- Dictionary of Biblical Imagery
- Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible
- New Bible Commentary (NBC)
- Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
- An Introduction to the New Testament
- An Old Testament Theology
- The King in His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments
Greek + Hebrew Texts
- NA28 - Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 28th Edition, with Critical Apparatus
- THGNT - The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge, with Dictionary
- BHS - Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia with Apparatus
Greek & Hebrew Lexicons + Theological Dictionaries
- New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis
- Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament and New Testament
- Concise Theology
- Institutes of the Christian Religion
- Reformed Dogmatics (Herman Bavinck)
- Systematic Theology (Berkhof)
You’ll notice I did not include any commentary series. While there are certainly stand out series, I personally prefer to pick the best commentaries from a given series rather than purchasing an entire set unless there is a compelling discount. One-volume commentaries, which I listed, are also valuable for a quick overview of a passage.
👉 What is a must-have resource in your library? Send me a tweet and let me know.